Go directly to: Content
NOTICE: You are using a browser without adequate or enabled CSS (style sheet) support.
This site will appear plain but remain fully useable. To see this site as it is intended, you need to
upgrade to a standards-compliant browser, such as the latest version of
Internet Explorer or
Customized Durable Medical Equipment
Benefits are provided for customized durable medical equipment (DME) if the following criteria are met:
- Equipment which has been uniquely constructed or substantially modified for a specific beneficiary according to a physician's description and orders; and is so different from another item used for the same purpose that the items cannot be grouped together for pricing purposes.
- DME certification form is on file.
- Feature needed is not available in an already manufactured item.
- The use of customized options or accessories does not result in the DME being considered custom.
- All claims for custom DME require the manufacturer's name, address, model number and invoice.
For customized wheelchairs, please view Wheelchairs/Wheelchair, Customized.>
Added June 2013