Go directly to: Content
NOTICE: You are using a browser without adequate or enabled CSS (style sheet) support.
This site will appear plain but remain fully useable. To see this site as it is intended, you need to
upgrade to a standards-compliant browser, such as the latest version of
Internet Explorer or
Electronic Funds Transfer
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is an easy and efficient way to ensure your Blue Cross and Blue Shield
of Alabama payments are deposited directly into your bank account. Direct deposit is secure, confidential and convenient, and there is no charge to you for this service.
Direct deposit provides many benefits:
- Receive faster payment – Your payments are deposited into your account on Wednesdays. You have access to your money the same day it is deposited. No waiting for checks to clear and no driving to the bank.
- Eliminates fraudulent activity – Your banking information remains strictly confidential and secure. Direct deposit eliminates the problem of delayed, lost or stolen paper checks.
- Reduces banking fees – Your banking fees are reduced, resulting in a substantial savings each year.
- Receive account protection with National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) – Electronic deposits are granted an extended time period for disputes and offered blocks and filters that allow you to customize who is allowed to make EFT entries.
- Promotes environmental awareness – Eliminating paper checks and trips to the bank helps protect the environment by reducing paper usage and gas consumption.
Enrolling for direct deposit is easy. Providers can now register online through ProviderAccess on our website, www.bcbsal.com. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Note: If your practice does not currently use ProviderAccess
, go to www.bcbsal.com
and click, “I am a Provider.” You’ll find the link to “Register Now” for ProviderAccess
in the upper left-hand corner.
Last Updated October 2010