Bronze Health Insurance Plans 

 

Based on coverage and share of health care costs, health insurance plans are grouped into four categories called metal levels. These levels are not based on quality of care, provider network, or the amount of care you receive. For Bronze health plans, Blue Cross pays 60 percent of the cost of your covered health benefits on average throughout the year. You pay the remaining 40 percent. When choosing a health plan that's right for you, compare plans based on your personal health and financial considerations.

 

Why choose a Bronze health insurance plan?

 

With a Bronze health insurance plan from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, you will have some of the lowest monthly premiums compared with the other metal levels. If you have few prescription needs or if you anticipate low healthcare needs, a bronze health plan may save you money. However, your out-of-pocket costs will be higher than with the other metal level health plans. You may receive financial assistance in the form of a subsidy or tax credit based on your income, age and location.

 

There are two bronze health insurance plans from Blue Cross:

Health insurance plans from Blue Cross include the 10 Essential Health Benefits, the largest provider network in the state, and reliable coverage from the name you trust. Compare your health insurance options between all metal level plans to find the right balance between coverage and cost.