Note: Applications for ERRP will no longer be accepted by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services after May 5, 2011. Visit the ERRP website for more information.
How can my group apply for the early-retiree reinsurance program?
Healthcare reform establishes the early-retiree reinsurance program (ERRP) which temporarily provides financial assistance to employers who provide coverage for early retirees (ages 55 through 64) until January 1, 2014 or funds run out. The program provides reimbursement for 80 percent of annual healthcare benefit costs between $15,000 and $90,000 for early retirees and their spouses, surviving spouses and dependents.
Employers must meet certain criteria and apply for participation in this program. To be eligible, companies must:
- Provide healthcare coverage to early retirees (ages 55 through 64)
- Maintain cost-saving programs for members with chronic and costly health conditions
- Be able to document the early retiree's actual medical claim costs
- The links below provide more information regarding the ERRP and how Blue Cross and
- Blue Shield of Alabama can help with your application process.
More Information About ERRP