Select content that is important to you from the menu below.
Click on a category, then drag and drop the daily article news feed that interests you into the area below.
View previously published articles with the most recent shown first. Filter the articles by clicking on the category title, Health, Family, Lifestyle, or Nutrition.
(HealthDay News) -- As you prepare for a holiday trip, don't forget to pack diabetes essentials.
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions:
- Pack extra supplies and medication; a good rule of thumb is to pack double what you think you'll need.
- Keep syringes and insulin in your carry-on bag.
- Pack supplies for testing your urine and blood, along with extra batteries for your glucose meter.
- Bring along all oral medications and first-aid meds, such as anti-diarrhea medication, an anti-nausea drug and antibiotic ointment.
- Wear your diabetes ID bracelet and keep your diabetes ID card on you.
- Pack a snack in case you get low blood sugar -- such as peanut butter, cheese and crackers, a juice box or some fruit. Make sure they're well-sealed.
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.