Select content that is important to you from the menu below.
Click on a category, then drag and drop the daily article news feed that interests you into the area below.
View previously published articles with the most recent shown first. Filter the articles by clicking on the category title, Health, Family, Lifestyle, or Nutrition.
(HealthDay News) -- Coronary artery disease occurs when plaque builds up in the vessels and restricts blood flow to the heart.
The U.S. National Heart Lung and Blood Institute says common risk factors for CAD include:
- Having high blood pressure, high LDL, or "bad," cholesterol or low HDL or "good," cholesterol.
- Being a smoker, overweight or obese.
- Having insulin resistance or being diabetic.
- Having metabolic syndrome.
- Getting insufficient exercise.
- Eating an unhealthy diet that's high in saturated fat, sodium or sugar.
- Being older.
- Having a family history of heart disease.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.