Select content that is important to you from the menu below.
Click on a category, then drag and drop the daily article news feed that interests you into the area below.
View previously published articles with the most recent shown first. Filter the articles by clicking on the category title, Health, Family, Lifestyle, or Nutrition.
(HealthDay News) -- Using healthier cooking methods is an easy way to cut calories and fat from your diet.
The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute mentions these healthier cooking tips:
- Bake foods in the oven, or roast in the oven at a higher temperature than baking.
- Broil under direct heat in the oven, or grill outdoors.
- Braise foods by browning on the stove, then finish cooking in a small amount of liquid inside the oven.
- Microwave (avoid plastic), or steam food by placing a steam basket over a pot of simmering water.
- Poach by cooking in a simmering liquid (such as vinegar or broth) until cooked through and tender.
- Sautee by cooking in a pan with a small amount of healthy oil, or stir-fry.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.