Select content that is important to you from the menu below.
Click on a category, then drag and drop the daily article news feed that interests you into the area below.
View previously published articles with the most recent shown first. Filter the articles by clicking on the category title, Health, Family, Lifestyle, or Nutrition.
(HealthDay News) -- If authorities suggest that you remain at home during a pending hurricane, there are precautions you can take to stay safe.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these suggestions:
- Follow the latest weather reports on television or radio.
- Stay indoors until you have been advised that it's safe to leave home, even if it looks calm outside.
- Stay in a room without windows, or inside a closet.
- Sit inside a bathtub with a piece of plywood overtop.
- Be prepared to leave quickly if emergency officials order an evacuation.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.