Select content that is important to you from the menu below.
Click on a category, then drag and drop the daily article news feed that interests you into the area below.
View previously published articles with the most recent shown first. Filter the articles by clicking on the category title, Health, Family, Lifestyle, or Nutrition.
(HealthDay News) -- Taking food home from a restaurant or storing the excess from last night's dinner isn't worth it if the food makes you sick.
The Foodsafety.gov website offers these guidelines for safe preparation of leftovers:
- Keep leftovers in shallow storage containers.
- If freezing, do so within two hours of cooking.
- Eat all refrigerated leftovers within four days, or throw them out.
- Eat frozen leftovers within four months.
- Make sure all leftovers are thoroughly reheated before eating.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.