Select content that is important to you from the menu below.
Click on a category, then drag and drop the daily article news feed that interests you into the area below.
View previously published articles with the most recent shown first. Filter the articles by clicking on the category title, Health, Family, Lifestyle, or Nutrition.
(HealthDay News) -- Recovering from knee replacement surgery takes time, and it's important to prepare your home before the operation.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers this advice:
- Make sure furniture spacing allows for easy movement via crutches, a cane or walker.
- Remove rugs that you may trip on, and fasten any loose cords or wires.
- Make sure you have a firm, high chair with a foot rest.
- Equip your bathroom with a hand rail, raised toilet seat and shower chair.
- Obtain helpful items such as a reacher, shoehorn and long-handled sponge, so you don't have to bend over often.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.