Select content that is important to you from the menu below.
Click on a category, then drag and drop the daily article news feed that interests you into the area below.
View previously published articles with the most recent shown first. Filter the articles by clicking on the category title, Health, Family, Lifestyle, or Nutrition.
(HealthDay News) -- It's important for seniors to see a doctor regularly to stay on top of any potential health issues.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests these preventive services for older people:
- Annual vaccine for flu, and regular vaccination for pneumonia.
- Breast cancer screening every two years for women aged 50 to 74. Some women deemed at higher risk of breast cancer may need more frequent screening.
- Regular colorectal cancer screening beginning at age 50.
- Screenings for diabetes and high cholesterol.
- Bone density scan for signs of osteoporosis.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.