Select content that is important to you from the menu below.
Click on a category, then drag and drop the daily article news feed that interests you into the area below.
View previously published articles with the most recent shown first. Filter the articles by clicking on the category title, Health, Family, Lifestyle, or Nutrition.
(HealthDay News) -- Nothing can ruin a nice summer evening faster than being bitten by bugs.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to take the sting out of those itchy or painful bumps:
- Use calamine lotion liberally, taking care to avoid the eyes and genitals.
- Apply a cold compress to areas that are irritated.
- For bee or wasp stings, soak a cloth in cold water and hold over the sting.
- Promptly remove a stinger if stung by a bee to stem the release of venom.
- Consult a doctor before applying any other treatments, or if itching is severe.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.