Select content that is important to you from the menu below.
Click on a category, then drag and drop the daily article news feed that interests you into the area below.
View previously published articles with the most recent shown first. Filter the articles by clicking on the category title, Health, Family, Lifestyle, or Nutrition.
(HealthDay News) -- Social anxiety disorder can make seemingly simple social engagements seem like a nightmare.
The U.S. National Institute on Mental Health says common symptoms of social anxiety disorder include:
- Finding it difficult and nerve-wracking to have a conversation with other people.
- Feeling extremely embarrassed and self-conscious in front of others.
- Having constant fear of being judged by others.
- Avoiding social activities or worrying for weeks before an event.
- Having difficulty making friends and maintaining friendships.
- Having physical symptoms such as trembling, blushing, sweating or feeling nauseous when around others.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.