Select content that is important to you from the menu below.
Click on a category, then drag and drop the daily article news feed that interests you into the area below.
View previously published articles with the most recent shown first. Filter the articles by clicking on the category title, Health, Family, Lifestyle, or Nutrition.
When using just a few ingredients, it's important to focus on freshness and quality so the resulting dish is extra delicious (and nutritious). Instead of adding heavy condiments to sandwiches, I try to keep the add-ins slim, nixing any mayonnaise or sauce that could drown the subtle flavor of vegetables and nuttiness of whole-grain bread.
In this egg and halloumi sandwich, all focus is on the main players rather than the accompaniments. It’s also open-faced to keep it relatively low-carb. Packed with fiber, protein, and incredible taste, this sandwich makes for a great breakfast, lunch, or even dinner.
What You'll Need:
- 2 slices of thick whole-wheat or whole-grain bread, toasted
- 2 slices of a large tomato
- Romaine leaves
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced into four pieces
- 4 slices of halloumi cheese
- Drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
What to Do:
- Grill or fry the halloumi in a pan over high heat for about one minute, or until it is browned, on each side.
- Lay out the bread and begin to layer the lettuce leaves on each piece.
- Add a tomato slice to each bread.
- Slice the hard-boiled egg into four pieces and add two atop each bread.
- Place two slices of cooked halloumi atop each piece of bread.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil before serving.