Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama!
Open enrollment for 2018 has concluded.
Enrolling Outside of Open Enrollment
In order to apply for a plan outside open enrollment, you must have a qualifying life event that results in a special enrollment period. Most special enrollment periods last 60 days from the date of the qualifying event. Qualifying life events that create a special enrollment period include:
- Adoption/Foster Child
- Placement for Adoption
- Permanent Move into Alabama
- Loss of Health Insurance Coverage Due to Death
Note: Please call the Customer Service number on the back of your ID card if this applies to you.
- Loss of Health Insurance Coverage
Note: This does not include loss of a short-term plan or loss of minimum essential coverage due to non-payment of premiums.
- No Longer Eligible for Subsidy
- Gain of Citizenship or Nationality
- American Indians or Alaskan Natives
If you have a question about a qualifying life event, please call 1-855-890-7416.
Already A Member?
If you are currently a Blue Cross member and need to add a dependent to your existing plan, please call the Customer Service number located on the back of your ID card.
Need Dental Coverage? Enroll Today!
You may enroll in dental at any time. Visit our dental plans page to learn more about our dental coverage options or call an Insurance Advisor at 1-855-890-7416.
Individual and Family Health Plans
On average, throughout the year, we will pay 80 percent of the cost of your covered benefits, and you pay the remaining 20 percent.
On average, throughout the year, we will pay 70 percent of the cost of your covered benefits, and you pay the remaining 30 percent.
On average, throughout the year, we will pay 60 percent of the cost of your covered benefits, and you pay the remaining 40 percent.
This plan is only available through the health insurance marketplace.