Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama
Tour de Blue Contest Rules and Regulations
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. The promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. on March 28, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on April 30, 2016 (the "Promotion Period"). If your entry is randomly selected from all the Tour de Blue contest entries, you will receive a Facebook “winner” message notification. The 10 winner codes to be used for registering for the Tour de Blue will be sent via email. You can enter the promotion by visiting https://www.facebook.com/BCBSAL during the Promotion Period and following the instructions on why you want to win or by mailing a letter that includes your name, address, contact phone and email address to: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, 450 Riverchase Parkway East, P. O. Box 995, Birmingham, AL 35298-0001, Attention: Advertising.
2. Participation: Promotion is open to all legal residents of Alabama, 18 years of age or older. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama employees, their immediate families (parent, child, spouse, and sibling) and household members, as well as anyone involved in this promotion's production, development or handling is not eligible. This promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where restricted or prohibited by law.
3. Prizes and Fulfillment: If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded. No changes or substitutions. If prize becomes unavailable, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama may award substitute prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes for receipt of any prize are sole responsibilities of winners. Odds of winning prize depend on the number of entries received. No substitution or transfer of prizes, except with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama's permission or where required by law. If prize winner is a minor under applicable state law, prize may be awarded in name of parent or legal guardian. Event entry fees are only valid for the 2016 event.
4. Validation and Ticket Distribution: All submissions are subject to validation by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama. Upon being randomly selected from all entries as one of the Tour de Blue winners, you’ll be contacted via Facebook and asked to provide an email address, so that more details can be provided about your prize. Upon entering this promotion you agree that Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama may use your name and story in future promotions. All submissions become the property of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama will select and notify winners at least 10-days prior to the Tour de Blue event happening on April 30, 2016.
5. General Conditions: By entering, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama from all claims or damages arising out of your participation in this promotion and/or acceptance, ownership, or use of any prize or prize-related activity. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama does not provide any implied or express warranty, guarantee or representation, in law or equity, pertaining to any third-party product or service supplied, in whole or in part, as a prize for this promotion. If for any reason any portion of the promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with any entry process, and to award prizes among eligible entries not affected by the problem. In case of any dispute regarding identity of person submitting the “Why Ride with Bo” story electronically, the winner will be determined as the individual whose email address was submitted upon Facebook notification of being a winner. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, busy signals, communication network failure; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any wireless or wired telephone network, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, or software; or failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on any telephone or internet connection; or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this promotion. No responsibility assumed for late or misdirected mail. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama shall not be held liable for any injuries or conditions that may occur as a direct result of your participation in one of the five eligible events.
6. Sponsor and Promotion Administrator: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, 450 Riverchase Parkway East, Birmingham, Alabama 35244.
7. The Winners Names can be obtained by sending a self-addressed envelope between May 1, 2016 and May 17, 2016 to: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, 450 Riverchase Parkway East, P. O. Box 995, Birmingham, AL 35298-0001, Attention: Advertising.