Don’t Let Your Medications Hold You Back
Empower a healthier you through medication adherence.
Medication adherence can positively impact the quality of life and health outcomes. Nonadherence can lead to illness, hospitalization, and possibly life-threatening complications.
It can be challenging to navigate your medication routine, but we’re here to help.
Medication adherence is essential to staying healthy, but only about one in every two people takes their medications as prescribed. To improve your medication adherence, you should:
As a Blue Advantage® member, you have access to additional tools and resources to make following your medication routine easier and ensure you’re taking the right medicines at the right time.
- Simplified packaging personalized to your medication schedule makes understanding how and when to take your medication easier.
- Save trips to the pharmacy through mail-order prescriptions.
- Visit one of our in-network, preferred pharmacies or use Rx Savings Solutions to ensure you get your medications at the lowest cost possible.
- MedSync, or medication synchronization, helps decrease the chances of missing doses, missing refills, or misplacing your prescriptions.
- Receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) electronically to help you better understand your prescription drug coverage and let you know your coverage phase.
What should I ask my doctor?
- Are there any medicines or food I should avoid?
- How often should I take it?
- What time of the day should I take it?
- What should I do if I forget?
- Should I take with food or on an empty stomach?
- How about interactions with common over-the-counter medicines?
- How will I know my medicine is working?
- Is there a generic or alternative available?
Blue Advantage (PPO) is provided by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Information provided is not intended to replace medical advice from healthcare professionals.