All Blue Advantage members should get a flu shot
Visit your doctor or local pharmacy to get a flu shot… Covered at no cost to you! (Only for in-network providers, otherwise, there will be a 50% coinsurance.)
A yearly flu shot is the best way to avoid the flu or weaken the symptoms. According to the CDC, adults 65 years and older are at a higher risk of getting serious complications from the flu.
Other recommended flu prevention actions include:
- Wash your hands often
- Cover your cough
- Avoid other people who are sick
Did you know?
- The flu shot does not cause you to get the flu, despite popular belief.
- The flu can make long-term health problems (such as diabetes, asthma, and heart disease) worse, even if they are well-managed.
- If you do get the flu, there are prescription drugs that can treat the virus and shorten the symptoms. These drugs must be prescribed by your doctor and filled at a pharmacy.
If you have flu symptoms, even if you had a flu shot, call your doctor immediately. Common symptoms are:
- Fever or feeling feverish/chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Body aches
- Feeling tired
- Sometimes diarrhea and vomiting
Blue Advantage (PPO) is a Medicare-approved PPO plan. Enrollment in Blue Advantage (PPO) depends on CMS contract renewal.