You can live your best and healthiest life by exercising regularly, establishing healthy eating habits, prioritizing your mental health, and visiting your Primary Care Provider (PCP) regularly. Ready to get started?
Don’t Wait. Start Living Your Healthiest Life Today.
For more resources, visit myBlueWellness or
call us at 1-888-759-2764, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Central Time to speak with a Health Advisor.
Get Your Body Moving
Regular exercise is essential for your overall health. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise five days a week. This can include walking, biking, swimming, or dancing. A few benefits of consistent exercise include:
- Improved mood
- Better sleep
- Weight management
- Healthier bones, joints and muscles
- Disease prevention and management
- Reduced health risks
Mix Up Your Meals
Consuming various nutritious foods and drinks can help you establish healthy eating habits. A balanced meal from these nutritious options can provide energy, boost your immune system, and improve your mood.
- Whole fruits such as apples, berries and bananas
- Vegetables like broccoli, sweet potatoes and spinach
- Lean proteins - for example chicken, fish and beans
- Low-fat or fat-free dairy like milk, yogurt and cheese
- Oils like vegetable oil, olive oil and oils in foods like avocados or nuts
Speak to your provider about making healthy living a sustainable and enjoyable part of your daily routine.
Reduce Your Stress
Stress can negatively impact your physical and mental health. Not properly managed, stress can lead to several health problems, including heart disease, obesity, and high blood pressure3. You can improve your mental health by:
- Staying positive and practicing gratitude
- Taking care of your physical health
- Connecting with others
- Trying meditation or relaxation techniques
Managing stress is an ongoing process. There will be times when you feel more stressed than others. If you struggle to manage stress alone, talk to your doctor to help develop a stress management plan that is right for you.
Set-Up a Care Routine
Regular checkups with your PCP can improve your health and reduce medical costs. At your checkups, your PCP will:
- Recommend additional preventive measures to take
- Make sure your vaccines are up-to-date
- Suggest any screening tests you might need to help identify problems early
- Treat common medical conditions
- Manage long-term health problems
- Refer you to a specialist if needed
- Provide you with healthy lifestyle tips
Watch the video for information on improving your overall health.
You can live a happier and healthier life by following these simple tips. Remember, we are here to help you every step of the way.
Have Questions?Email Us
This information is provided for general informational purposes. Information contained in this communication is not intended to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider regarding your healthcare needs.