Select content that is important to you from the menu below.
Click on a category, then drag and drop the daily article news feed that interests you into the area below.
View previously published articles with the most recent shown first. Filter the articles by clicking on the category title, Health, Family, Lifestyle, or Nutrition.
(HealthDay News) -- If you're stuck outside when a storm surprises you, the National Weather Service offers these suggestions for what to do:
- If you can safely travel to your vehicle, go inside until the storm passes.
- Avoid wide-open fields, the tops of a hills or ridges.
- If in a forest, stay near a group of low trees. Avoid tall trees and isolated objects.
- If camping, head down to a ravine or valley. A tent won't offer any protection against lightning.
- Stay away from any metal objects, water and wet objects.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.