Select content that is important to you from the menu below.
Click on a category, then drag and drop the daily article news feed that interests you into the area below.
View previously published articles with the most recent shown first. Filter the articles by clicking on the category title, Health, Family, Lifestyle, or Nutrition.
(HealthDay News) -- Toddlers are so curious that they're naturally drawn to an unattended pool. That's a recipe for tragedy.
The Poolsafety.gov website says pool owners should take these precautions to keep curious youngsters safe:
- Install around any pool or spa a fence at least 4 feet high with self-latching gates.
- Install a lockable safety cover over the pool.
- Install door alarms and window guards on the back of the home if it serves as a wall to enclose the pool.
- Equip the pool with gate and pool alarms that will let you know if a child goes near the pool.
- Make sure pool drains are compliant, and that pool covers don't need repair.
- Use an underwater alarm or surface wave for additional protection.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.