Select content that is important to you from the menu below.
Click on a category, then drag and drop the daily article news feed that interests you into the area below.
View previously published articles with the most recent shown first. Filter the articles by clicking on the category title, Health, Family, Lifestyle, or Nutrition.
(HealthDay News) -- Stairways and falling down seem to go hand-in-hand, but there are things you can do to help keep you on your toes.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these stairway safety tips:
- Never let clutter pile up on stairs.
- Repair any uneven, broken or loose steps.
- Make sure a light is installed over the stairway with a switch at both the top and bottom. If the bulb is burned out and you are unable to change it, ask a friend or loved one to do it.
- If your stairs have carpeting, make sure it is firmly in place, with no tears or loose spots.
- Make sure handrails are secured to the wall on both sides of the stairs.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.