Blue Advantage Medication Benefits
Taking your medications as prescribed is critical to maintaining your health. Studies have shown that adhering to your medications leads to better disease control and may help you avoid a hospital admission.
- Sometimes forget to take your medications on time?
- Have trouble getting to the pharmacy to refill your medications regularly?
- Struggle to afford all of your medications each month?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, we have options that could make your medication routine easier and help you take the right medicines at the right time. We want to help you be successful in managing your medications and taking them regularly. Here are some of the resources available to you as a Blue Advantage or Blue Rx member.
Dose packaging is customized to your personal medication schedule, making it easier to understand how and when to take your medications.
This easy-to-use packaging features your medication doses in presorted, sealed pouches for each time of day you take medications—morning, afternoon, evening and/or bedtime. This will eliminate the need for daily or weekly pill containers and will help ensure you are taking the right medications at the right time. This service is offered through many preferred pharmacies for Blue Advantage. Check with your local pharmacy to see if this is a service they offer (additional expense could apply).
This packaging service is also available through a home delivery pharmacy option. Our preferred home delivery options offer this packaging service for members taking multiple daily medications and delivers it to your home at no additional cost. Additionally, they also align your prescription refill dates to eliminate the need for multiple deliveries or trips to the pharmacy.
To receive your medication package choose from our Preferred Home Delivery Options below:
- ExactCare Pharmacy
- Call 1-844-200-6884 and speak with a trained agent, or
- Visit their website: enroll.exactcarepharmacy.com/bcbs-alabama/
- PillPack by Amazon Pharmacy
- Call 1-866-332-1668 and speak with a trained agent, or
- Visit their website: www.pillpack.com
Services are offered through many of our in-network retail pharmacies or by mail (with free shipping). You can save trips to the pharmacy! Plus, you can conveniently fill and re-order 90-days supplies of maintenance medications and only pay for the copay for a 60-day supply. To receive your medication by mail, choose from the these three options:
- Express Scripts Pharmacy
- Call 1-833-715-0967 and speak with a trained agent, or
- Visit their website: www.express-scripts.com/rx
- AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy
- Call 1-800-731-3588 and speak with a trained agent, or
- Visit their website: www.alliancerxwp.com
- Amazon Pharmacy
- Call 1-855-793-5326 and speak with a trained agent, or
- Visit their website: pharmacy.amazon.com
- Call 1-800-607-6861 and speak with a trained agent, or
- Visit their website: costco.com/home-delivery
- Kroger PPS
- Call 1-800-552-6694 and speak with a trained agent, or
- Visit their website: www.ppsrx.com
Did you know that you may be paying more if you are using an out of network or non-preferred Pharmacy? Be sure to visit one of our in-network and Preferred pharmacies to make sure you are getting your medications at the lowest cost possible. Check here to see if your pharmacy is preferred.
If you are already using an in-network pharmacy, but cannot afford all of your medications, have you considered filling for a 90 day supply? Filling your prescriptions in a 90 day supply instead of the standard 30 day supply can save you not only time, but also money. In addition to saving extra trips to the Pharmacy, you also save on the cost since you get a three month’s supply at the cost of only two months. This can help ensure you have your medications on hand when you need them will also limiting your out of pocket expense. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about changing to a 90 day supply.
Check to see if your pharmacy is preferred
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama is now working with Rx Savings Solutions to help our Medicare members easily find the lowest-price options for prescription drugs. This new service is linked to your health plan, so everything is personalized for your medications and insurance.
NEXT STEP: Your account is ready to be activated at myrxss.com/blueadvantage for Blue Advantage members and myrxss.com/bluerx for BlueRx members — or by calling 1-800-268-4476.
Get started today to see how you can save! Here’s how it works:
- Your account shows what lower-cost prescriptions may be available under your insurance plan and lets you compare prices.
- Switch to a lower-cost option with ease. Rx Savings Solutions will handle everything with your doctor and pharmacy.
- Rx Savings Solutions will contact you anytime you can be spending less.
"Medication synchronization” is when your pharmacist coordinates all refills to be ready the same day. This helps to decrease the chances of you missing doses, missing refills or misplacing your prescriptions. Talk to your pharmacist about syncing your medications to help reduce trips to the pharmacy and simplify your monthly medication routine
Each month you receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) to help you better understand your prescription drug coverage and to let you know which phase of coverage you are in. The EOB comes to you monthly by mail but now you can choose to receive your EOB electronically. With this option, you will receive your statement by email each month making it easier for you to keep track of your prescription drug coverage. No more worrying if your monthly EOB has been lost in the mail! You will have all your information you need at your fingertips without the excess clutter in your mailbox.
Sign up for your Electronic EOB today:
- Visit www.MyPrime.com
- Sign in to your secure MyPrime.com account
- Click on the arrow next to your name to see: Manage my account
- Click on: Communication preferences
- Scroll down to Updates: Pharmacy benefit information
- Check the box for: Email
- Scroll down and click: Save