Social Worker U65 Content
Blue Cross offers free tools to identify community resources and connect you with programs and agencies that provide timely support, caregiver resources, housing options, and more.
Enjoy the privileges that are yours.
Blue Cross is proud to offer social work services to its members.
A social worker can help you find community resources, provide information, and refer you to programs and agencies that may benefit you.
Your social worker will also work with healthcare professionals, public aid organizations, and community resources to obtain and coordinate services.
Find medical resources such as:
- Support groups in your local area for abuse, domestic violence, addiction and other diseases, conditions and situations
- Necessary durable medical equipment, if your policy does not cover it
- Sitter and companion services, adult day care, home health care agencies and durable medical equipment providers
Apply for government benefits including:
- Food stamps
- Veteran’s benefits
- Medicaid benefits
- Other government benefits
Explore housing and placement resources such as:
- Applying for Institutional Medicaid for longterm nursing home placement
- Independent living communities, assisted living facilities and specialty care assisted living facilities
- Affordable housing such as Section 8 and HUD housing for the disabled
Have questions?EMAIL US
This information is provided for general informational purposes. Information contained in this communication is not intended to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider regarding your healthcare needs.