Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama works alongside VSP® Vision Care, a third-party vision service provider, to offer Vision Blue plans. Together, we find ways to help you get convenient access to eye doctors and quality eye care with low out-of-pocket costs. Eye care is healthcare. With Vision Blue powered by VSP Vision Care, you have the coverage you need to maintain a healthy you.
WHEN YOU VISIT YOUR EYE DOCTOR, THE ONLY INFORMATION YOU NEED TO PROVIDE IS:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your social security number
LOG IN TO VSP.COM TO ACCESS:
- Your vision ID card
- Your claims history
- Find A Doctor
- Special offers and savings
CONTACT VSP Customer Service at 1-800-877-7195.
VSP® Vision Care App
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT MY BENEFITS ARE?
- Create an account and log in at vsp.com. You can find your benefit details, including coverage and eligibility, and much more at vsp.com.
HOW DO I FIND AN IN-NETWORK PROVIDER?
- Contact VSP Customer Service at 1-800-877-7195 or log in at vsp.com to find an in-network provider.
WHAT INFORMATION DO I PROVIDE TO THE EYE DOCTOR?
- Tell your eye doctor that you have Vision Blue Powered by VSP Vision Care.
- Provide your name, date of birth, and social security number.
DO I NEED A VISION ID CARD?
- No. A vision ID card is not required for you to receive services or care. You simply contact a VSP network provider to schedule an appointment and tell them that you have Vision Blue Powered by VSP Vision Care. The network provider and VSP will handle the rest.
- If you would like a vision ID card, you may create an account, log in, and print a card at vsp.com.
HOW DO I MANAGE MY BENEFITS ONLINE?
- As a Vision Blue member, you have access to vsp.com and the VSP Vision Care App.
- Create an account at vsp.com to access your claims history, find a doctor, and special offers and savings.
- Download the VSP Vision Care App from the Apple App or Google Play Stores.
- To access your vision benefit booklet:
- Log in to your myBlueCross account at AlabamaBlue.com, select “View Benefits and Coverage” and select your vision contract. The benefit booklet provides a comprehensive overview of your coverage.
HOW DO I COLLECT REIMBURSEMENT AFTER VISITING AN OUT-OF-NETWORK PROVIDER?
- When services and/or materials are obtained from an out-of-network provider, you have two reimbursement choices:
- Most out-of-network providers will submit a request for reimbursement on your behalf. This means you won’t need to pay your entire bill up front and will only be responsible for paying applicable copays and any balance above their out-of-network schedule.
- You can pay the provider directly and submit a claim to VSP for reimbursement by following the steps below:
- Visit the Benefits & Claims section of vsp.com to begin a claim.
- Fill out the claim form completely and submit an itemized receipt or statement that includes:
- Doctor name or office name
- Name of Patient
- Date of Service
- Each service received and the amount paid
- Submit claims online at vsp.com or by mail to:
- VSP PO Box 385018
Birmingham, AL 35238-5018
- VSP PO Box 385018
- Please note that claims for reimbursement must be filed within 12 months of the date of service. You will be reimbursed according to the out-of-network reimbursement schedule.
VSP® is an independent company providing credentialing, quality management, claims processing, complaints and grievance, and customer service activities on behalf of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama. VSP is a registered trademark of Vision Service Plan. All other brands or marks are the property of their respective owners.