Some forms require that you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat installed, you can install Adobe Reader for free.
Account-Based Plans are employer-sponsored programs that provide members the opportunity to create tax-advantaged healthcare accounts as governed by the IRS tax code. By helping members become more aware of healthcare cost, these accounts encourage members to become responsible for their healthcare decisions.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)- an employer-sponsored plan that allows you to set aside pre-tax money through payroll deductions for healthcare needs. With this account, any funds you do not use during the plan year you lose.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA)- an employer-sponsored plan that allows you to set aside pre-tax money through payroll deductions for day care expenses.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)- a plan where an employer funds an account on your behalf.
- Health Savings Account (HSA)- allows a member in an HSA qualified High Deductible Health Plan to set aside funds for healthcare expenses on a pre-tax basis. Money in these accounts accrues interest and may be invested.
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (LPFSA) - an employer-sponsored plan that allows you to set aside pre-tax money through payroll deductions for limited expenses, such as dental and vision expenses.
For Additional information:
Note: Our Account-Based Plans may not be currently available with all Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama plans. Contact your employer to see if any of the above products are a provided benefit.
For more information on accounts administered by HealthEquity, please visit www.HealthEquity.com.
For more information regarding historical Preferred Blue Accounts please visit Preferred Blue.